The implantation of chondrotissue® can be done in only one step: there is no need to take a cartilage biopsy from the patient and no need to wait weeks for cell culture.
Following alternatives shall be used to reconstitute chondrotissue®:
- human autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- physiological saline for infusion
- autologous human serum taken before implantation and prepared from approx. 9ml of blood. The blood can be centrifuged for 10 minutes or left to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes until the blood clot has settled.
IMPORTANT: please use serum monovettes, not EDTA monovettes.
If too little PRP or human serum is available, physiological saline fo infusion can be supple-mented to reconstitute the elasticity of chondrotissue®.
chondrotissue® can be fixed in the defect using common orthopaedic fixation methods e.g.:
- bioresorbable nails
- transosseous ancher knot fixation
- cartilage suture
- fibrin glue: Please apply the glue to the edges of the chondrotissue® – previously placed in the defect – and distribute it evenly.